11/24/2015

Xmas wreath from pistachio shells


Everyone in our family loves pistachios. The idea of using up the shells for a handycraft project came to my mind one day when I saw a bowl of empty shells, thinking they are too nice to be thrown away. They would serve well for natural autumn or Christmas decorations. This time, I prepared Xmas wreaths from them, decorated with red and gold ribbons - simple but elegant.



What you will need:
- 1 polystyrol ring
- glue
- pistachio shells
- ribbon or decoration to your choice




 
How to prepare: 
1. Fix one layer of pistachio shells on the polystyrol ring. Start from the inner circle, until you cover the whole surface. At this phase, I put the glue on the ring, and pushed the shells one by one into it. Of course you cannot cover the whole surface of the ring at this phase.
2. Apply 1 or 2 more layers of the pistachio shells on top of the first layer, in order to cover the whole ring so that no white parts are visible. At this phase, I applied the glue on the shells themselves, one by one. WARNING: you have to be VERY careful at this stage. The shells are small and the glue is hot! It burned my fingers several times :(

3. Decorate your wreath according to your choice - my suggestions: red berries, ribbons, pine tree branch, etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment