11/06/2015

Pumpkins forever

Although Hungary has different traditions at All Saints' Day, Halloween has also appeared here in the past years. We also decorate our house around the mid of October and of course, prepare our own lanterns. This collection shows you how I've developed my skills during the years, from basics to really difficult ones.





Halloween decoration

2012 - these were my very first trials - big shapes, straight lines. My son was just turning 4, so we deliberately did not make them scary, but rather friendly.







Halloween decoration






2013 - I tried more round shapes, with fine details. Still not scary, rather cute and funny. I got the inspiration to the cat from the internet, the other was my own design.



Halloween decoration

2014 - This year, we have finally prepared a really scary one. Before creating our designs, I have researched the net to see what makes the face scary - sharp edges, teeth. The designs were drawn by me, with guidance from my son. To cut the teeth took me a long time and needed precision, but it was worth it.




















2015 - Again, nothing scary - it seems we're never making one - but really difficult ones. Except for the Batman, that is the very first pumpkin made by my husband. The other 2 really gave me a hard time. The cat was the first and due to my lack of experience with cutting such fine details, the head of the cat has ripped off. I decided to fix it with a toothpick. The kids did not complain :)
The designs were inspired by pictures I've found on the internet and chose by my family.







No comments:

Post a Comment