11/08/2015

Pringles boxes reborn



My son had a period when he enjoyed preparing and playing with puppets. We prepared puppets for cartoon caracters, animals, Angry Birds, etc. But where to keep them? I had the idea to use empty Pingles crips boxes, redecorated to fit his room. So, these were born and have been serving us sinces then.



Crisps boxes with decoupage
Accessories for a kid's room from Pringles boxes


First, I have painted the boxes with white base paint several times, until the design had disappeared completely. Then cut the chosen motivs from the napkins and applied a standard decoupage technique.  On these items, I applied two stripes of the design on the top and bottom of the box, then the animals in the middle.
Then I let the items dry completely. Later, I have coloured the sky with blue acrylic paint applied with a sponge. After drying, I applied a layer of varnish on the whole box and let it finally dry.


Accessories for kids' room
Recycled Pringles crisps boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment