12/09/2015

Xmas wreath from recycled materials


We received a challenge at my son's school to prepare items related to Christmas, all from rubbish. This is my nomination to the exhibition - a wreath made from platic bottles, empty pizza box, plastic wrappers and a lightbulb.








What you will need:
- cardboard base (I used a round shaped pizza box)
- plastic wrappers
- 20-30 plastic bottles, various sizes
- 2 green plastic bottles
- 1 lightbulb
- ribbon
- orange EVA foam
- black permanent marker
- cellotape, glue
- snow spray

How to prepare:
1. Cut out  the base from the cardboard




2. Wrap the base thoroughly with a white plastic wrapper

3. Cut the base of the plastic bottles, arrange them on the ring and fix them one by one (I used hot glue)

4. Apply snow spray on the wreath and let it dry completely (I would recommend 1 night)

5. Cut out pine tree branches from the green plastic bottles and fix them on the wreath (I could not use hot glue any more as it came off the snow spray and melted the leaves, so I simply used cellotape.)

6. Decorate with a ribbon (hiding the cellotape). I also prepared a little snowman from a lightbulb - painted with snow spray, EVA foam triangle for the nose and drawing eyes and mouth with a permanent marker. I fixed the snowman on the wreath with hot glue.



No comments:

Post a Comment