12/13/2015

Christmas with kids


In this post, I've collected some items that I made either for my kids or with them for the holidays. 






Decorations:
For the holidays, we do not only decorate our living room and the kitchen table, but the rooms of the kids are also getting some Christmas touch.

I made this picture for my son when he was a newborn baby. I used decoupage technique and painted also the frame myself (made of cardboard).

This decoration was prepared for his door, also using decoupage technique on cardboard (3D effect for the snowman by a double layer of carton).

Gift ideas:
Every year, we prepare something for the grandparents and cousins. A few examples:

Christmas cards - both are easy to prepare for even the smallest kids (my daughter was 2 and 3 when we prepared these), and they enjoy painting with their palms and tearing and gluing the small paper parts. The last one is a 3D postcard, I prepared the base and they were colouring and cutting the shapes and gluing the snowflakes.






Candy holders - we made these for cousins, using the same materials and techniques as for the snowmen (see earlier post: My cute little snowmen). The bodies were made from  empty plastic containers of vitamins.



No comments:

Post a Comment