4/25/2016

Pringles boxes vol. 2.

Every now and then we buy Pringles or similar crisps that are sold in boxes, but I always hate to throw away packaging. So I rather collect them and decorate them later on. You can use them for decoration or keep something in them (pencils, piggybank, jewellery, kitchen utensils). It's up to you and your phantasy.






This  time, I made a collection for girls (small and big), and used decoupage combined with some other techniques. Due to the many layers (we need to cover the original design), it is quite time consuming, as we have to wait till they are completely dry.

1. Little girl in a hat

I had to paint this 4-5 times with white base paint to cover the design. Then, I cut out the design from rice paper and glued it with decoupage glue on the box. Then painted the rest of the box with a similar colour. After drying, I applied glossy varnish on top. Finally, I applied a thin stripe of double-sided cellotape on the top and bottom rim of the box, and applied on it a natural string.





2. Tea time

Similar, but here I applied antic varnish before the decoupage.






3. Love Paris

Again, decoupage, glossy varnish. Finally, I sticked self-adhesive lace stipes and the top and bottom, and decorated it with some pearls.






More ideas for Pringles boxes here: Pringles boxes redecorated for boys

1 comment:

  1. where did you find the paper with the design on it?

    ReplyDelete